Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Battle Between My Head and My Heart

"The question you need to answer is what do you want to get out of being with him? Take the doubts you think in your head, and figure out the feelings you have in your heart, and see which one wins."

Don't freak out... this post does not have to deal with the matter of love, although I can see how one might think that. In actuality, I wanted to write this post because lately there's been a war waging between my head and my heart throughout all aspects in my life.

As evidenced from all my earlier posts, there's been a lot going on in my life. Things are starting to settle down, and while I might have "jinxed" myself for saying that... I find that I'm often holding my breath and waiting inevitably for the other shoe to drop. Because of this I am questioning every action and reaction I have to the changes going on in my life, and while there are times when in my heart of hearts, I know that what's happening in my life is good. More often than not the overzealous manic part of my brain (aka "Racing Brain") starts turning it's wheels. So what, do I go after what my heart wants... even though my head is telling me, maybe now isn't the time? Or do I listen to my heart and pray to God that if it's meant to be it'll work itself out? I've already backed away from my dream once, I don't want to go down that road again.

Anyway, my friend Kate introduced me to this wonderful song by Mumford & Sons called Winter Winds. The refrain effortlessly describes the battle waging between my head and my heart at this moment.

"And my head told my heart 'Let love grow' But my heart told my head 'This time no... This time no.'"

So, I ask you... what would win, your head or your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment