Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall

Let me preface this entry by simply stating that I love fall... The crunch of leaves at my feet, that slight chill and nip in the air, and the smell... I know, it sounds crazy, but for me fall has a smell and I love it. From curling up on my couch drinking hot cider or hot cocoa to smelling that latent "bonfire" smokey smell, and seeing the amazing array of colored leaves, what's not to love?

As I was walking through the city this afternoon... seeing the leaves on the ground got me thinking, so I'll share with you now what I wrote.

Falling
The wind pierces through the air
The leaves, undeterred, make their final journey to the ground below where they lay motionless to the world around them
Though they don't move, their voice is not silent as the soft crunch and crinkling sounds reverberates around the bustling city
The trees, now silent, stand naked, vulnerable to the elements...but remain strong, rooted so to speak, and not even the strongest of winds can break them
It's then that I realize, I'm the tree
Grounded by my beliefs, swaying in the winds of change, and like the leaves I find myself falling silently into the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment