Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I realize it's been awhile since I've posted, but as the title of this post suggests there's been a lot of changes going on in my life. Between traveling, changing jobs, trying to find a new job and life in general - I feel like I've been going a hundred miles a minute.

Through all the ups and downs, however, I sometimes get that "stuck in a rut" feeling... and I just can't seem to shake it. I'm aware that it's all in my own head, but even with all this change it feels like some things are staying the same.

Anyway, a good friend of mine told me to stay patient and "keep the faith" but at times like this, I like to turn to music for those little reminders. Today's pick - Miike Snow's "Cult Logic" specifically the first verse.

"All my life I've been the slave of consequence
wondering how this life could be so intricate.
I wanna rewrite my heart and let the future in
I wanna open it up and let somebody in"

I get it, the choice is mine to sit and stew or to "keep moving forward" (sidebar - amazing movie), and as another good friend recently said, "At some point you're going to have to decide that the choice you made was the right one...if for no other reason that because it was the one you ultimately chose."


No comments:

Post a Comment