Sunday, September 26, 2010

Time...

A lot has happened in September. I celebrated another birthday, took a much needed vacation to soak up some sun and wine, and have had some time to really reflect and be thankful for all that I have in my life. On my vacation I ended up chatting with a lovely couple who were celebrating their 21st wedding anniversary. We started talking about life and love, naturally, and in the middle of their story, as the wife was searching for that perfect word to describe their relationship, I muttered the word timing. She looked right in my eyes, smiled and said - "Exactly, timing is everything."

That conversation got me thinking about my life. After celebrating what has been the best birthday to-date, I started thinking about time and timing. The older I get the more it seems to me that time flies by, and the older I get, the more I realize how much timing plays an even larger part in my life than I originally anticipated.

Not to say that I don't believe in fate or destiny, but I do believe that when the time is right, when you're where you're supposed to be in your life - everything will just fall into place. That doesn't mean that it'll be easy, or it'll happen when you want it to, but it will happen.

Anyway, I digress, my friend Ben posted a very touching letter from his mom and I share with you, readers, the sentence that literally jumped off the page at me.

"Your life is a gift of unexpected proportions, and nothing about you or your life is an accident or coincidence."

So what will this year in my life hold for me? I don't know, but I do know that right now I'm right where I'm supposed to be, and hopefully right on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment