Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Seven Things to Know in Life

Marion Winik is an author who writes mainly on creative nonfiction and poetry. Her essays and articles have been published in the The New York Times Magazine, O, and Real Simple. She has also reviewed books for Newsday  and the Los Angeles Times.

Anyway, one random Saturday I was perusing the shops looking for a birthday present for my friend when I stumbled across one of Marion's writings. It really is just a list of seven things you learn and come to know in life, but when I read those seven things - they all seemed to fall into place for me at that moment.

Seven Things to Know in Life
1. the path is not straight.
2. mistakes need not be fatal.
3. people are more important than achievements or possessions.
4. be gentle with your parents.
5. never stop doing what you care most about.
6. learn to use a semicolon.
7. you will find love.

No comments:

Post a Comment