Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sweet Surrender

While going through the monotony of my work day, I had a very interesting conversation with my good friend CW about the usual; life, love and the overall joys of adulthood. Anyway, CW clued me in on my new favorite indie band, The Damnwells (sidebar - their song Say is by far my favorite), and we started talking about life and change. If you're a new reader to my blog, or it's been awhile, you'll know that right now I'm on the cusp of a lot of new beginnings and some sad endings. While I know that's a common part of life, fighting the fear of the unknown against the beauty of embracing it, there are some lessons that are a little harder for me to learn.

Anyway, CW told me about this Ryan Reynolds (sidebar - he will be my future husband, he just doesn't know it yet) movie on Netflix called Chaos Theory and shared with me this gem of a quote.

"But it turns out there are few things more chaotic than the beat of the human heart. Its beating up, slowing down. Pretty face, flirty stares. It's always changing on what's happening to ourselves out there. It's an erratic son of a bitch. But underneath all that bump-da-bump mess, there is in fact a pattern, the truth and it's love. Most important thing about love is that we choose to give it, and we choose to receive it. Making it the least random act in the entire universe. It transcends blood, it transcends betrayal and all the dirt and makes us human."

1 comment:

  1. I saw something about this movie the other night and decided that I needed to watch it. Truthfully ANYTHING with Ryan Reynolds in it is worth a watch.
    After reading that quote though, I know that I need to see it soon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete